Friday, June 6, 2008

New Wheels For An Ol’ Gal

The summer of my 10th year I managed to earn enough money picking strawberries to buy my very first bike. It was a used boy’s bike with a big ol’ wide leather seat, a very soft cushy ride and big fat tires. I loved that bike and I was so proud! It cost me all of $15!
Now fast forward to yesterday…I got a new bike. It cost a little more than fifteen dollars but it has a wide leather seat, big fat tires and a soft cushy ride and I love it!
After my dear sweetie pie put it together I scooted out the door so I could get a quick trial ride between the rain showers that have plague us here in the northwest. As I flew in the wind on my new bike I was ten again.
I was so excited while he put it together that I shook the camera!

I think I was about eleven when this picture was taken.