Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Rod Show...

When you think of a hot rod show you might picture a field full of shiny restored cars. Well, last weekend we went to a hot rod show that fulfilled this order and a whole lot more. Let me tell you, there was every kind of car there your little ol’ heart would desire.
My sweetie pie and I drove out to Long Beach, WA on last Friday morning to attend the 25th anniversary of this event. The weather going out was drab and dreary…gray and drizzly but when we reached the coast the sky cleared; still a bit cool but not raining.
On Saturday I stayed with my girlfriend to help her with a garage sale and my sweetie pie went with the guys to the big show. (pics. below) That evening we walked out to the main street in town to watch all those cool cars cruise up and down the drag. Oh what fun! If you can imagine a two lane road lined with small shops, bars and restaurants, music drifting out the doors, people of every kind walking the sidewalks, and vintage cars galore cruising along revving their engines, sometimes honking and the crowds waving and calling out words of praise and encouragement.
This was a true American small town phenomena. I told my sweetie pie it reminded me of the movie American Graffiti.
We already have plans to make it to the 26th next year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Just one of the many vintage beauties,










and another....













and another....















and another...

























~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the way home... it was a gorgeous day, a beautiful drive!!!!












A tasty treat...I don't think so!

No comments: